The Security Institute holds an Annual General Meeting (AGM), where members are invited to hear the progress the Institute has made in the previous year, accept the annual accounts and elect Directors.
In addition, the Institute holds Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM) whenever significant proposals need membership approval before implementation.
The 2018 Annual General Meeting was held in the El Alamein Room at the Victory Services Club in London on Tuesday 17th April 2018 between 4pm and 7pm.
About Main Board Positions
A maximum of 15 directors are appointed by the membership of the Institute.
Each Director focuses on a portfolio and works with the main Board to deliver the aims, objectives and budgetary targets of the Institute.
The Board is structured around four portfolios: Research, Professional Development, External Relations and Commercial.
There are four Board meetings and two strategy days a year, and Directors typically serve for a three year period. The role is voluntary and carries the full legal responsibilities of a director.
A Board Director is expected to:
1. Deliver a defined portfolio and work to agreed objectives and budgetary targets in line with Institute strategy
2. Ensure that their portfolio is supported by adequate volunteers and ensure that objectives are met
3. Attend board meetings, the AGM, the annual board strategy day, the annual conference, the Remembrance event and any required directorial training
4. Participate in conference calls for their assigned directorate and any working groups in which they become involved
5. Provide timely responses via email to any matters for discussion or decision circulated in this format
6. Prepare board reports and effective communications to the members relating to their area of responsibility
7. Participate in the Institute’s Continuing Professional Development scheme and complete annual returns
8. Actively engage with members and assist with the recruitment of new members and the promotion of the Chartered Security Professional qualification.
If you want to subscribe to our monthly newsletter, please submit the form below.